Q: How long has Tampa Bay Painting Company been in business?
A: Owners Dave Girard and Josh Badgley started the business after both graduating from Eckerd College in 2001.
Q: Why did you change the name of the business from Arend-Bond Visions to Tampa Bay Painting Co.?
A: Tampa Bay Painting Co. is actually a DBA under the Arend Bond Visions LLC umbrella. Our company has grown into other areas including the addition of the parking lot striping/pavement marking company Line Striping of Tampa Bay in 2012. Since we plan on expanding into other areas of service in the future, we wanted specific brand names for each division.
Q: Why is it important that I hire a licensed and insured painting contracor?
A: Your home is likely the largest investment you will make and hiring an unlicensed and uninsured contractor is not a risk you want to take. While licensing isn't always necessarily a measure of competence, it does imply a certain level of professionalism and suggests that the contractor is committed to his or her job. More significantly, licensing can protect you from a number of potential problems, such as the following:
- Unlicensed usually means uninsured. If you use a contractor who is uninsured, it means the contractor has no way of reimbursing you for any property damage he or she causes. This means you end up paying the price. Likewise, if contractor carelessness leads to injury or damage to someone else's property, the problem is likely to become yours.
- No coverage under homeowner's policy. Some homeowners believe it is safe to use an uninsured contractor, assuming that any damages incurred would be covered under their own insurance policies. However, this isn't the case. Most homeowner policies require that any work to the property be done by licensed contractors; coverage is often specifically excluded for damages caused by "bootleg" contractors.
- Poor quality work. Not all unlicensed contractors do poor quality work. And not all poor quality work is done by unlicensed contractors. However, as a rule, if there's shoddy work to be done, it's usually done by unlicensed contractors. Because unlicensed contractors aren't subject to meeting specific standards, they are often untrained, less experienced, and unqualified to do certain types of work.
Tampa Bay Painting Co. is fully licensed and Insured. Our painting contractor lic# is C-10626 and we carry full General Liability ($1,000,000), Auto($1,000,000) and Workers Comp Insurance.
Q: How should I prepare for an estimate?
- We recommend discussing the work wanted ahead of time with all involved decision makers so that we have all of the information needed for the estimate.
- Making a list of all the work you want completed.
- Choose colors you'd like. (we can help with that as well!) For a helpful color selecting link CLICK HERE
- Identifying a budget. (we can tailor a proposal for every budget, from just the basics to full custom work)
- Set aside approximately 30-60 minutes(depending on size of project) for us to learn about your needs and take measurements.
Q: When will I receive the written estimate?
A: We try to have all estimates sent via email within 24-48 hours of viewing your home/property.
Q: What type of paints do you use?
A: Due to consistently high professional quality, we typically use Sherwin-Williams products. Our clients occasionally request specific brands and we are always happy to accommodate (though there may be price adjustments for other brands).